When you visit or use a website of The Garden Party Co., we may require certain details including personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”)) from you, including without limitation your name and email address. This policy is in relation to any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to The Garden Party Co. (collectively the Data). The Garden Party Co. considers your privacy and the privacy of the subject of any Data provided (the “Relevant Individual”) to be very important and this policy sets out the reasons for requesting and using the Data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is The Data Controller, The Garden Party Co., Grove Farm, High Common, Cranworth, Thetford, Norfolk, IP25 7SX.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Whenever you contact The Garden Party Co., we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
USES MADE OF THE DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To assist and enable The Garden Party Co. to provide its services to you.
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from The Garden Party Co. or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To contact you directly to monitor progress to inform you of The Garden Party Co. services.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
The personal details we request, allow The Garden Party Co. to contact you by letter, telephone fax or email. Other details requested are for the purposes of establishing what services may be suitable to you or your business.
We may also use the Data, or permit selected third parties to use the Data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
The Garden Party Co. will not pass any of your Data on to third parties for marketing purposes, and your data will only be used for such purposes if you grant permission to do so.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose the Data to third parties:
We reserve the right to report any activity that we suspect may violate any relevant laws or regulations to the appropriate authority. If The Garden Party Co. is requested by such authority for the Data, we reserve the right to disclose it to them.
WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY
You represent, warrant and undertake to The Garden Party Co. that:
• You have fully complied with the Act in all respects in relation to the Data;
In providing the Data to The Garden Party Co. for the purposes detailed above, you will not in any way be in breach of the Act;
• Where applicable, you have informed and shall keep informed the Relevant Individual of all information you are obliged to provide to them under the Act (e.g. the fair processing of information) including without limitation:
• the identity and contact details of The Garden Party Co.;
• the specific pieces of personal data relating to them you are providing to The Garden Party Co.;
• all purposes for which The Garden Party Co. will process (as defined in the Act) their personal data; and
• the potential disclosure of their personal data by The Garden Party Co. to third parties and the likely consequences of such disclosure as detailed above;
• You have obtained fully informed express written consent from the Relevant Individual to the provision of his/her personal data to The Garden Party Co. and to all of The Garden Party Co. uses and disclosures of his/her personal data including without limitation consent to the disclosure to third parties who may use it for unrelated direct marketing purposes; and
• You will inform The Garden Party Co. immediately in the event that a Relevant Individual at any point removes his/her consent to or in any way complains about the provision of his/her personal data to The Garden Party Co. and/or to any or all of The Garden Party Co. uses and disclosures of his/her personal data.
You shall fully indemnify and keep The Garden Party Co.’s officers, employees and agents fully indemnified against all actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages (including without limitation any damages or compensation paid by The Garden Party Co. on the advice of its legal advisors to compromise or settle any claim) and all legal costs or other expenses arising out of any breach of the above representations, warranties and undertakings or out of any claims by a third party based on any facts which if substantiated would constitute such a breach.
KEEPING The Garden Party Co.’S RECORDS ACCURATE
We aim to keep all the Data as accurate and up to date as possible. If you would like to review or change the Data you have supplied to The Garden Party Co., then please contact The Garden Party Co. as set out below. We will store the Data in accordance with our obligations under the Act.
All Data will be kept as confidential and as secure as possible through the use of The Garden Party Co. secure server software. Furthermore as required by the Act, We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the Data that you have given to The Garden Party Co. so as to prevent unauthorised access.
We use industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the Data including without limitation “firewalls”. We treat the Data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. The Garden Party Co. employees or its agents use many different security techniques to protect the information from unauthorised access by users inside and outside The Garden Party Co. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Although we will do our best to protect the Data, we cannot guarantee the security of the Data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive allowing websites to recognise one user from another. Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you want to. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but your web browser can be altered so as to prevent acceptance.
Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, then please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any control over those website or any responsibility or liability for their use and policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions of this policy from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied policy on the The Garden Party Co. website. After such posting you will be deemed to accept such variations. You should visit this page periodically to review this policy and its terms and conditions because they are binding upon you.
In the event that any term of this policy is held to be invalid, unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable. No waiver of any term of this policy shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.