Terms and conditions
The Company will submit a written quotation which the Hirer shall accept in writing: the absence of such written quotation or acceptance however shall not invalidate the Contract, and all the work quoted for and undertaken by, or goods hired from the Company shall be subject to these terms and conditions and the Hirer by authorising or allowing work to proceed or goods to be delivered is deemed to have confirmed the Contract and to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Quotations are valid for a period of no more than 30 days
PERIOD OF HIRE.
The period of hire is understood to mean the period for which the marquee or equipment is required to be ready and available for use.
BASIS OF QUOTATION.
All quotations are made subject to the following understandings:
- Hire charges do not include attendance by our employees for any purpose other than erecting and dismantling marquees.
- Hire charge quotes for furniture and other cater hire equipment do not include erecting, dismantling or placing.
- Period of hire means the period for which the equipment is required to be ready for use.
- The size and surface of the site are suitable for erection of the equipment.
- You have informed us of any drains, pipes, cables or other obstacles which might affect the site. It should be noted that the fixings holding marquees may be driven up to one metre into the ground. You should note that you are responsible for repairing and making good any damage caused to the site by erection or dismantling of any equipment. The site must be cleared of all obstacles prior to delivery of the marquee. If we have to move any obstacles we will not be held liable for any damage as a result of this.
- You will be liable for any additional costs or charges in the event that extra work or equipment other than specified within the agreed quotation is required.
A minimum deposit of 25% of the total hire charge must be paid . Bookings will only be regarded as definite when the non-refundable deposit has been paid and confirmation of the order has been received in writing. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable on the day of installation of the equipment, If payment is not made on the due date, you shall be liable for interest on any amount outstanding at a rate of 2% per week.
In the event that you cancel the contract, any deposit that you have paid shall be forfeit. In addition, you will be liable to pay the following percentage of the hire charge quoted dependent on the period of notice given prior to date of commencement of the hire. The deposit shall be deducted from the percentage payable.
|Period of Notice||% of total hire charge|
|More than 90 days||25% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)|
|61 – 90 days||45% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)|
|31 – 60 days||60% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)|
|8 – 30 days||75% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)|
|Up to 7 days||100%|
CONDITIONS OF SITE.
The Company’s quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the site on which the marquee or equipment are to be erected or to which goods are to be delivered is: –
- Flat level firm ground with easy access for heavy motor transport and
- Has no drainpipes, cables or other services buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed.
If the said site does not comply with these requirements the Company may in its discretion either rescind the Contract by giving oral or written notice to the Hirer or make additional hire charges. The Company shall not be liable to the Hirer for any loss, damage or expense resulting from such rescission of the Contract.
It is expected that if flooring is ordered the ground will be suitably flat to accommodate the type of floor used. The company cannot be held responsible for any uneven finish to the floor caused by pitting or bumps on the surface beneath, the hirer should arrange to level surfaces as much as possible prior to marquee erection. If the marquee build is delayed or cancelled due to the site being ill prepared this may result in loss of the booking deposit and the Company cannot be held liable. Grass surfaces must be cut short and all debris including fouling by dogs must be removed prior to the erection of the marquee.
When the marquee has been erected and all exits or openings agreed, this should not be altered or tampered with in any way as this may render the structure unsafe.
The company will place all furniture inside the completed marquee. It is the hirer’s responsibility to arrange the layout of tables and chairs etc. All furniture will be counted in and out with any shortages charged to the hirer.
We shall not be liable for delay or failure to complete any contracts as a result of:
- the site being unsuitable or access being unavailable on the date stated for delivery
- adverse wind or weather conditions
- loss or damage to equipment by fire or flood
- any industrial dispute, lock-out or strike
- any cause outside our control
- grass sites which have not been cut
NON-AVAILABILITY OF EQUIPMENT.
If for reasons beyond our control any item of equipment booked is not available for the period of hire, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative size of marquee or other equipment to meet, as near as possible, your requirements. If we do so you will not have any claim against us. In the event that we cannot substitute suitable alternative sizes of equipment we shall notify you of cancellation of the contract in which event any deposit or other monies paid by you will be refunded immediately.
DELIVERY TO SITE.
You must have the site available and in a suitable condition for the erection of the equipment at the time stated for delivery. You should either be available personally or have a representative available at the site at the time stated for delivery to check equipment delivered and sign the appropriate Delivery Note. If you are not present and do not have a representative at the site at the time of delivery:
- you will be deemed to have accepted delivery of the items specified in the Delivery Note
- We will erect the marquee(s) in such a manner and location as we consider appropriate provided that we shall follow in so far as possible any plan supplied by you.
If you require us to move any marquee already erected for any reason which is not our fault, you will be liable for an additional charge.
LOSS OR DAMAGE.
The Hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until collection. He/she will be responsible for the safe custody of the Company’s property on the site, and will make good to the Company all loss or damage to the Company’s property or equipment hired or used on the site (other than fair wear and tear) such as breakages etc, including those due to theft or burglary, unless it be proved that such loss or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company. We cannot accept any items in place of our own.
Fire extinguisher – please note that a charge of £40 each will be made if it is used or lost.
LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES.
The Company will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify the Company against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it be proved that such injury or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company.
SMOKING IN ENCLOSED PUBLIC PLACES.
Responsibility for complying with the Public No Smoking Law (if applicable) rests with the customer for the duration the marquee is erected. ‘No smoking’ signs which comply with the act are available on request.
While every effort will be made by the company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the company consequent upon Acts of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other disturbances. Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale or Tempest restrictions on the use of Transport, Fuel or Power. Requisitioning Storage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
The Company reserves the right to remove the equipment any time after the event
I confirm that I / we have read and accept the Terms and conditions as stated above